One Word: Yum.
Thinking of becoming a restaurant franchise, but aren’t sure which one is right for you? Pizza franchises are definitely a popular way to go. Americans just can’t seem to get enough pizza. Over three billion pizzas are sold every year in the United States alone. Pizzerias are also responsible for some pretty staggering statistics about the food and restaurant industry:
- 94% of Americans eat pizza regularly.
- About 350 slices of pizza are eaten every second in the United States.
- Pizzerias make up 17% of all restaurants in America and are responsible for 10% of all sales in the food industry.
- The top 5 days for pizza sales are: Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve, Halloween, the day before Thanksgiving, and New Year’s Day.
- Saturday is the most popular night for pizza sales.
A few other interesting facts about pizza sales:
- 36% of all pizza orders include pepperoni.
- The most popular size for pizza is 14 inches in diameter.
- 80% of all Italian cheese produced in America is Mozzarella.
- 61% of Americans prefer regular thin crust pizza, 14% prefer deep dish crusts, and 11% like extra thin crusts.
- 62% of Americans like meat toppings on the pizza, 38% prefer vegetable toppings. Women are twice as likely as men to order vegetable toppings.